NEW DELHI: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday honoured soldiers who took part in Operation Mahadev , in which terrorists involved in the Pahalgam attack were killed.
Shah said the twin operations - Sindoor and later Mahadev - had sent a “clear message” to the masterminds of terror.
India had conducted Operation Sindoor on May 7, in retaliation to the April 22 Pahalgam terror strike.
Also Read | Independence day: Gallantry awards honour heroes of Operation Sindoor; IAF, Army and BSF personnel recognised for valour
"Operation Sindoor and Operation Mahadev have sent a clear message to the masterminds of terror about the consequences of playing with the lives of Indian citizens," Shah said.
"Our soldiers have shown the world that no matter how many tactics or strategies terrorists adopt, they (terrorists) can no longer hurt India and escape. Operation Sindoor brought satisfaction among people, which Operation Mahadev transformed into confidence," he added.
During Operation Mahadev, three Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists were killed in an encounter in Dachigam forest near Srinagar on July 28. They had been hiding there since the Pahalgam attack.
They were identified as Suleman Shah alias 'Faizal Jatt' -- "an A++ category terrorist, mastermind and lead shooter"; Abu Hamza alias 'Afghan' -- "an A-grade commander and the second gunman”; and Yasir alias 'Jibran' -- “also an A-grade commander and the third gunman."
#WATCH | Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah felicitates the personnel involved in Operation Mahadev.
— ANI (@ANI) August 27, 2025
In a joint Operation Mahadev, the Indian Army, CRPF and J&K Police have neutralised three terrorists who were involved in the Pahalgam terror attack. pic.twitter.com/xMKhUJaqRA
Shah said the twin operations - Sindoor and later Mahadev - had sent a “clear message” to the masterminds of terror.
India had conducted Operation Sindoor on May 7, in retaliation to the April 22 Pahalgam terror strike.
Also Read | Independence day: Gallantry awards honour heroes of Operation Sindoor; IAF, Army and BSF personnel recognised for valour
"Operation Sindoor and Operation Mahadev have sent a clear message to the masterminds of terror about the consequences of playing with the lives of Indian citizens," Shah said.
"Our soldiers have shown the world that no matter how many tactics or strategies terrorists adopt, they (terrorists) can no longer hurt India and escape. Operation Sindoor brought satisfaction among people, which Operation Mahadev transformed into confidence," he added.
During Operation Mahadev, three Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists were killed in an encounter in Dachigam forest near Srinagar on July 28. They had been hiding there since the Pahalgam attack.
They were identified as Suleman Shah alias 'Faizal Jatt' -- "an A++ category terrorist, mastermind and lead shooter"; Abu Hamza alias 'Afghan' -- "an A-grade commander and the second gunman”; and Yasir alias 'Jibran' -- “also an A-grade commander and the third gunman."
You may also like
Mathew Horne announces very unexpected career move as fans say 'I can't believe it'
Brits holidaying to Turkey warned of 'expensive mistake' that could cost you
Cadillac make decision on approaching Christian Horner as statement released
Russia-Ukraine war: UNSC to hold urgent meeting after Moscow's big strike; Kyiv seeks increased pressure
From Chamundi to Dharmasthala, Cong govt 'bending' traditions for appeasement politics: K'taka BJP